Saturday, February 18, 2012

Nothing New!

I suppose this blog is going to get neglected now that all the "excitement" is done with.

I have been back at work for two weeks now, it's going great, I am glad to be back! I didn't forget nearly as much as I thought I would, and things I did forget were minor (non life threatening). I'm definitely more exhausted at the end of the day, I'm sure part of that is I probably walk around 5 miles or so, at least, per shift because the unit is so big. I'm not exaggerating either, one nurse wore a pedometer a few times and walked between 5-7 miles on different days! My $50 ted socks I got while in the hospital (yes $50 a pair, I have the hospital bills) are definitely getting some continued use, glad I kept them :-). I am currently not working any night shifts, or more than two shifts in a row, unfortunately I'm also not partaking in all the overtime bonuses going around due to high ICU census, three shifts a week are enough for right now...maybe in a few weeks.

My hair has progressed to needing to be gelled flat in the morning, and I can't get away with skipping a shower in the morning either because it sticks up in an impressive cow-lick when I wake up.

So that's all there is to report. I'll be going back to my boring, regular, non-exciting life now.

No comments:

Post a Comment