Sunday, July 28, 2013

Tomorrow's the Day

It's been a busy week. Besides finishing up work I also had to take my car to the shop (small fender bender), attend a memorial for one of my favorite patients, have my Lasik surgery follow up - which required a second follow up for a small fiber under my corneal flap to be removed (eww), and see my primary and have blood work, an EKG & a chest xray. I've also had to figure out insurance, FMLA and short term disability...which I'm still working on. The week concluded with a 7 am MRI this morning to get all the pre-op "brain mapping" done. I also squeezed in as many visits with friends as possible. I'm exhausted!

Surgery is scheduled for "first case" tomorrow morning which means we have to leave Virginia at 4:30 to get there by 5:30. I have a 7:30 start time. My last surgery was somewhere in the ballpark of 5-6 hours long. Katie will try to post an update on Facebook when it's over. Right now we are planning on a one night stay in the ICU, one night on the step down and then discharge - that's how it went last time so I'm hoping it's the same this time around.

Out to brunch after my early MRI, stuffed french toast!
Wearing the "fidicules" that help with the brain mapping. They stay on until surgery.

Thank you to everyone who has called/emailed/texted/facebook messaged prayers, well wishes and good vibes. I don't think I've gotten around to responding to everyone but I appreciate them all! Special thank you to Betsy who joined me for the car ride to that 7am MRI, really appreciated the company!

I'm off to bed now, early morning tomorrow!
Check back in at the end of the week for a new update.
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment