Sunday, September 15, 2013

No news is...no news

Pretty much sums up things around here right now. I still haven't heard from my doctors on when I can start treatment. They warned me that patients often think they've been forgotten while insurance stuff is getting worked out so I'm not worried, just ready to get things started. The longer the delay starting the longer treatment gets dragged out the other end. We're already looking into the beginning of next summer for finishing up the 6 months of chemo. I'm just antsy and done with sitting around, at least when I'm doing chemo & radiation I'll be actively killing tumor cells while sitting around.

In other news, we went and saw Wicked last week which was phenomenal! I'm already trying to figure out when I can get to New York and see it again, so if anyone is planning on seeing it sometime soon on the east coast contact me, I'd love to come! Till then I bought the soundtrack and am learning all the songs so I can be an active participant next time I see it :-)

We also sat pretty far away, next time
I want to get orchestra seats and actually see their faces
We also had the new boathouse opening and rowing reunion last weekend and that was a lot of fun. There were SO many alumni there, some from as far back as the 70's so it was pretty impressive and probably the only time in UMASS rowing history that we'll have that many alumni together at once. Just goes to show how important the rowing program is to so many people and how many lives it has impacted.

The new Boathouse is beautiful and the girls now have the job of making sure no one regrets giving it to them, which I'm sure they'll be able to do just fine.

Our old boathouse, lovingly called the "Tin Can"

The new beautiful boathouse as seen from Rt. 9
This picture probably doesn't even do it justice, it's amazing
So that's all for now. Hopefully I'll have some news on moving forward with treatment this week.

1 comment:

  1. I am really impressed by your work. it is really one of the most outstanding blog i have found.
    Beds and Mattresses shop

    ReplyDelete